COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT TORONTO NORTHEAST/MARKHAM (7095 Woodbine Avenue, Markham, ON)
A Primer in Sleep Disorders Dentistry
Dentistry is going through a Paradigm Shift that rivals the transition from the Prophy Mill practice of the 1970’s to the Soft Tissue Management practice of the 1980’s.
Prepare your office for this inevitable transition. This program will provide you everything you need to know to start implementing Sleep Disorders Dentistry (SDD) in your office tomorrow.
• About the prevalence of snoring and sleep apnea in your practice
• How a SDD program will cultivate referrals & build your practice
• Effective screening techniques for snoring and sleep apnea
• How to discuss treatment alternatives with confidence
• About screening questionnaires and the role of your team
• Triage patients appropriately with info the physicians expect
• Basics about oral appliance therapy for snoring and sleep apnea
Dr. John Viviano
Dr. John Viviano, DDS D, ABDSM obtained his credentials from U of T in 1983. His clinic is limited to providing conservative therapy for Sleep Disordered Breath- ing and Sleep Related Bruxism, commonly referred to as snoring, sleep apnea and tooth grinding. A member of various sleep organizations, he is a Credentialed Diplomate of the American Board of Dental Sleep Medicine, and has lectured internationally, conducted original research and authored articles on the manage- ment of Sleep-Disordered Breathing and the use of Acoustic Reflection to evaluate the upper airway. His clinic is the only Canadian facility accredited by the American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine.
Dr. Viviano also hosts an online LinkedIn Discussion Group with members from around the globe (SleepDisordersDentistry LinkedIn Group) and conducts Dental Sleep Medicine CE programs for various levels of experience including a 4-Day Mini Residency.